Sunday, July 12, 2009

Greens that I used in Green Smoothies (Part I)

What are some examples of green vegetables that can be used to make green smoothies?

I prefer to use locally grown greens to make green smoothies. This is because it is fresher and less nutrients lost due to shorter shipping time (from farms to end customers)

Here are some of the greens that I normally used. I categorized them under "Asian Vegetables"


















I also use lettuce in my green smoothies. The lettuce that I normally used are those with darker color, e.g. romain lettuce, green and red leaf lettuce because the darker the color, the more nutritious they are. I seldom use iceberg lettuce or light colored lettuce. However, there is no harm in using those light colored lettuce if you like to do so. Just that, it is strongly recommended to use the dark colored lettuce and dark green vegetables for your green smoothies so that you can nourish your body with the nutrients from the dark green vegetables.



















I also use these greens.



































No comments:

Post a Comment